EDISON K-6 SCHOOL SUPPLY PLAN FOR 2017-18
We usually include our Fall School Supply List in our Spring Report Cards. However t his year for K-6 we are doing something different. We will no longer be asking K-6 students to bring any school supplies other than a backpack and headphones/earbuds**. Instead you will be asked to pay a supply donation of $30 per K-6 child to help cover the cost of school supplies. If you are unable to give $30, please give what you can. If you are able to give more than $30, your donation will help support another Edison student . All of the supply money collected will be donated through the Edison Booster Club and a single donation will be made by Booster to Edison School to purchase supplies. If you still choose to send in supplies for your child, please note that they will be added to the communal shared supplies or sent back home with your child to be used at home. We are making this change to a supply donation rather than supply list for a variety of reasons :
- As a district we are interested in reducing the cost of school supplies to families.
- Through our district pricing and buying in bulk, we are able to purchase high-quality school supplies for significantly less than the cost at retail stores.
- Our typical supply list purchased at retail stores has an average cost of $50.
- Purchasing quality supplies through bulk, district pricing, is an average cost of $30.
- Teachers will be able to put resources to the supplies most needed in their classrooms.
- An effort to reduce stress on families of both purchasing the right supplies on a supply list and reducing cost to families.
- With all of the same supplies purchased by the teacher and used for communal distribut ion , no student will arrive at school the first day feeling embarrassed due to lack of supplies or poor quality of supplies.
As an Edison Staff we are very excited about this opportunity to better support our K-6 students and families. Please send in $30 cash or a check made out to Edison Booster Club the first week of school. All supply donations are due by Friday, September 15, 2017. 7th and 8th grade students will still have the traditional supply list. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Mrs. Staudenraus, Principal
Click the image to see the supply list for 7/8