District Home Page Video Slider


Need information? Have questions?

Necesita informacion? ^Tiene preguntas?

English/lnglés: 360-542-3595

Spanish/Espaftol: 360-542-3596

Mixteco: 360-542-3597

Email: questions@be.wednet.edu


Image of B-EHS

Burlington-Edison High School
301 N Burlington Blvd, Burlington, WA 98233

Source: Google Map/Images

Image of Allen Elementary

Allen Elementary School
17145 Cook Rd, Bow, WA 98232

Source: Google Map/Images

Image of Bay View Elementary

Bay View Elementary School
15241 Josh Wilson Rd, Burlington, WA 98233

Source: Google Map/Images

Image of Edison Elementary

Edison Elementary School
5801 Main Ave, Bow, WA 98232

Source: Google Map/Images

Image of Lucille Umbarger Elementary

Lucille Umbarger Elementary School
820 S Skagit St, Burlington, WA 98233

Source: Google Map/Images

Image of West View Elementary

West View Elementary School
515 W Victoria Ave, Burlington, WA 98233

Source: Google Map/Images

Transportation Frequently Asked Questions

Burlington-Edison School Transportation Department can be reached in the following ways:
Phone: 360-757-3386
Mail: Auxiliary Services
Transportation Department
491 N. Burlington BLVD
Burlington, WA 98233
Please include your student’s name, and contact information that you can be reached at.
PLEASE NOTE: Burlington-Edison Transportation Department receives the highest volume of calls when school buses are providing service, between 7-10 a.m. and 2-5 p.m.

Is my student eligible for transportation?

Students who live in the Burlington-Edison territory are eligible for transportation. Students who live outside of our territory will need to contact the Burlington-Edison District office 360-757-3311

What should I do if my student’s bus is late?

Drivers plan to run routes as scheduled. However, it is possible for delays to occur due to traffic, weather, construction and other circumstances.
When the bus is late, we recommend that your student stay at the bus stop location. The bus, or a replacement bus will complete the route as soon as possible and you may miss the bus if you are not at the stop. Families should create a plan with their student in the event that the bus is late.

Can my student change to a different bus route/bus stop?

Students may have one bus stop in the morning and one bus stop in the afternoon. If you are requesting a stop change for a daycare or alternate address you will need to contact the students school and provide the following information:

  • Complete daycare/alternate address

  • Name of the person responsible for your student

  • A phone number that person can be reached

Normal processing for a stop change request could take up to one week. Additional processing time should be expected during the start of the school year due to the high volume of requests. If you are requesting a different bus route or different stop location you will need to contact the students office and request your preferred bus/bus stop. Plan on providing a brief explanation for why you are requesting the change.

I have a complaint regarding my student’s bus driver/bus service. What do I do?

To report a complaint you should contact the transportation office at 360-757-3386.
Be prepared to report the following information:


  • Bus route, date/time that the incident occurred

  • Explanation of the incident

If you would like a response to the investigation, you will need to leave your name and contact information    

Do I have to be at the bus stop in order for the bus driver to let my child off the bus?

For general education students in grades K-2, have to be at the bus stop for their child to be let off the bus unless the release of responsibility form has been turned in. However, we encourage all parents/guardians to have a plan in place so that their student arrives home safely.

Special education students in Pre-K and kindergarten must be met at their bus stop location in the afternoon.

Special education students in grades 1st through 12th must be met at their bus stop location, unless their parent/guardian has turned in the release of responsibility form, which gives permission for their student to get off the bus without someone present. The release of responsibility form is available on the main Transportation page. It is also available from your student’s bus driver.
If a special education student cannot be dropped off because someone was not there for them, or a general education student was uncomfortable getting off the bus without someone there to meet them the following will occur:

The bus driver will contact their dispatcher to let them know that they have a student who cannot/will not get off the bus and in most cases, continue on their route to deliver any other students still on the bus.
The dispatcher will alert students school who will attempt to contact the parent/guardian.

If the parent/guardian can be reached, arrangements will be made to connect the student to their parent/guardian.
If the parent/guardian cannot be reached, all other emergency contacts will be attempted.
In the event that no one can be reached, the student will either be returned to school and placed in the care of the school staff, or brought to the nearest police precinct. The parent/guardian will be responsible for picking their student up.
Can I change my student’s drop off bus stop for a day to go to a friend’s house?

Yes, your student may ride home with another student who is assigned to a bus route. A temporary transportation pass can be obtained through your student’s school. Most schools require a signed note from the parent/guardian giving permission for their student to ride the bus to another stop location. You will need to obtain the bus number and stop location.