Welcome to the Human Resources Department, where we are committed to providing excellent service to our current and future employees. We are dedicated to recruiting a high quality and professional teaching and support staff.
We invite you to explore our website and the employment opportunities within the Burlington-Edison School District. The Human Resources Department is committed to supporting the mission of the Burlington-Edison School District - To educate each student for lifelong success.
- Job Opportunities
- Human Resources Forms
- Retirement System
- Certification Information
- Substitute Information
- Volunteers in Schools
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Inappropriate Behavior
- Human Resources Contacts
Burlington-Edison uses the FastTrack to allow us to more efficiently and effectively manage job applications. If you are a first time user of FastTrack please download the instructions first. Returning users can either click on the FastTrack link to the left or the FAQ if you have questions.
Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Board Policy (Policy 3207)
Sexual Harassment Board Policy (Policy 6590)
Transgender Students (Policy 3211)
Transgender - Who can use Locker Rooms and Restrooms in WA State
The Burlington-Edison School District affirms the right of all students and employees to pursue their education or occupation with dignity in a safe environment. Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Intimidation and Bullying will not be tolerated in the Burlington-Edison School District.
Students or staff members who believe that they have been subject of harassment and/or discriminatory behavior will report the incident immediately to the principal or department supervisor. Complaints regarding harassment or discriminatory behavior will be investigated immediately. Inquiries or complaints may be addressed to the Assistant Superintendent’s Office or the Title IX Officer, Dr. Jeff Drayer, at 927 E. Fairhaven Avenue, Burlington, WA, 98233, or 360-757-3311.
School Board Policies, Procedures and Forms:
- SBP 2022 Electronic Communications
- SBP 3205: Sexual Harassment of Students Prohibited
- SBP 3207: Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
- SBP 3210 Nondiscrimination
- SBP 3421 Child Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation Prevention
- SBP 5011 Sexual Harassment of District Staff Prohibited
- SBP 5251 Conflicts of Interest
- SBP 5253 Maintaining Professional Staff/Student Boundaries
Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct; Reporting of Child Abuse and Sexual Misconduct
- Duty to Report Protocol—District Staff: The purpose of this protocol is to provide all staff members, substitutes and volunteers with information to increase their awareness of their role in protecting children from sexual abuse and inappropriate conduct by adults.
Electronic and Social Media Protocol
Washington Law Related to Sexual Harassment
The Burlington-Edison School District is an equal opportunity employer. The District shall provide equal employment opportunity and treatment for all applicants and staff in recruitment, hiring, retention, assignment, transfer, promotion and training. Such equal employment opportunity shall be provided without discrimination with respect to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability. Dr. Jeffery A. Drayer, Assistant Superintendent, Title IX Officer; Mr. Jeff Brown, Special Education Coordinator, Section 504 Officer. The District is a smoke-free/drug-free workplace. Designated to handle inquiries about nondiscrimination policies are:
- Affirmative Action Officer, Dr. Jeffery A. Drayer, email@example.com (360-757-3311)
- Title IX Officer, Dr. Jeffery A. Drayer, firstname.lastname@example.org (360-757-3311)
- ADA Coordinator, Jeff Brown, email@example.com (360-757-3311)
- Section 504 Coordinator, Jeff Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org (360-757-3311) Address: 927 E. Fairhaven Avenue, Burlington, WA 98233