August 15, 2012
Hello Bay View Families!
I hope this letter finds you enjoying your summer with friends and family! I want to start by welcoming all of you to the beginning of a great school year. You are an important part of the education of your children and we are proud of the relationship we have with you in supporting your student with maximizing their potential. If you are new to Bay View this year, please stop by the office and say, “Hi!”. The office is open and Kathi, Julie and I are here to answer any questions you might have.
The partnership between school and home is what supports your children with receiving the best education possible. We are focused on supporting students with their learning in a safe and rigorous learning environment. Our dedication to supporting continuous improvement is not only a part of our focus it is how we, as a staff, operate. With current changes in our national education system, we are already looking forward and preparing to facilitate learning that will support your students with competing in a global society. As we work together to support students with their learning, there is no doubt together we can achieve wonderful things.
A new year always brings change. This year is no different. I am sure your children are already wondering who their teacher(s) will be as well as excited to see old friends and make new ones.
As always our doors are wide open to you. If you have time, again I encourage you to call or stop in. I understand how busy life is outside of school. So, if there is anything we can do to support you or your child with the transition please do not hesitate to contact us.
This is going to be a great year at Bay View and I want to thank you in advance for your commitment to your child's education. The Bay View staff and I are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Kindergarten TBD (Mrs. Nelsen has retired-she will be missed!)
First Grade Mrs. Erica Tolf, Mrs. Colleen Knutzen
Second Grade Mrs. Lynn DenAdel and Mrs. Kim Miller
Third Grade Mr. Shawn McFarland and Mrs. Amy Reisner
Fourth Grade Ms. Jackie Ford and Mrs. Rachel Buben
Fifth Grade Mrs. Diane Olsen, Mrs. Wendi Wall,
Sixth Grade Mr. Ryan Barci, Mrs. Amelia Lehman, & Ms. Jenn McMurrin
Seventh and Eighth Grades Mr. Jason Morgenthaler-Math
Mrs. Kati Annis-Writing/Health
Mr. James Lehman-Social Studies
Mrs. Melissa Willard-Digi-Tools
Ms. Kristin Lessley-Science
ELL Amy Grambo
Lifeskills Mrs. Michele Yerger
Mrs. Rachel Parker
Mrs. Sue Wilson
Special Education Mrs. Stephanie Schwenk (LAP/K-3 SpEd)
Mrs. Connie Walser (4-8 SpEd)
Ms. Ruth Richmond- Physical Therapist
Rebecca Ballard Speech (Ms. Beaver has moved)
Specialists Mr. Marty Reese-P.E.
Mr. Murray Taylor-Music/Band
Mrs. Suzanne Cannon-Librarian
School Psychologist Mrs. Lia Shierk
Counselor Mrs. Mary Allen
Principal Mr. Aaron Darragh
Staffing Changes This Year:
· Ms. Valerie Lopez has moved to Lucille Umbarger School due to the collapse of our 3rd 1st grade class
· Ms. McMurrin will be teaching 6th Grade in room 222
· We are in the process of hiring a new .5 kindergarten teacher this summer
Kathi Knutzen Julie Small Linda Christenson Linda Doninno Anita Ekle Dena Gabor Carolyn Highland Marijane Pollatz Robin Thramer Patti Whalen Sherry Hodgin Debbie Kivett Camie Lensigne Chris McKee Linda Miller Randy Chin Glenn Holstine Tish Geldart April Helgeson Kim Peterson
Important Information to Start the School Year:
· FIRST DAY: Wednesday, September 5th
-Length of school day (School doors open at 8:00am):
GRADES K-2 8:40am is the first bell with school starting promptly at 8:45 – school ends at 2:40pm
GRADES 3-8 8:55am is the first bell with school starting promptly at 9:00 – school ends at 3:30pm.
· KINDERGARTEN: Information will be coming soon! Please call if you have questions.
· YMCA after school child care: Contact the YMCA for more information at 336-9622.
· School supplies: Supply lists are available at the Back to School Fair on August 25th at Maiben Park (Burlington) from 10:00 to 2:00. Free school supplies, games, and fun will be at the Back to School Fair. You may also receive supply lists by visiting our school’s office or website at www.be.wednet.edu.
· Class lists: You may see your room assignment at the Back to School Fair at Maiben Park (Burlington) on the 25th from 10:00 to 2:00 or by viewing them on the school’s front door on Sunday, August 26th after 1:00PM.
· Free and reduced meals program: If you feel you may qualify for the free or reduced lunch/breakfast program please look for an application in the first day packet that your student will be bringing home on the first day of school. PLEASE CALL 757-3322 if you have questions.
· Bussing: If you need bus information, please call the transportation office at 757-3387.
· Medication at school: Any medication given at school must be stored in the office and accompanied by a “Medication at School” form. If your child needs to take medication the first day of school, please pick up the form in the school office and complete this form prior to the first day. A physician’s signature is also required on this form.
· Private transportation: Please remember to pick up and drop off children in front of the school and not on the side of the school. Students need a note for pick up.
Bay View School
15241 Josh Wilson Road
Burlington, WA 98233
For school changes and/or closures: